Vegetarian or vegan and gluten-free
Preparation time: approx. 15 minutes.
4 medium-sized kohlrabi
1 glass of tomato sauce
1 pinch of asafötida (or 1 clove of garlic)
100 ml. cream (or almond cream to make it vegan)
½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
1 teaspoon of raw cane sugar
Salt and freshly ground pepper, according to your taste
1 pinch of chili (only if you like)
½ teaspoon of ground cumin
Approx. 1 teaspoon ghee or olive oil
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
130 ml. of water
Approx. 2 cm of fresh ginger
Freshly chopped parsley or coriander
1. Peel the kohlrabi and cut it into narrow, elongated strips.
2. Puree the tomato sauce together with the asafötida, cream, turmeric, sugar, salt, pepper, chili and cumin in a high bowl to a fine sauce.
3. Now wash, peel and finely grate the ginger, simmer it in a small saucepan with water for approx. 5 minutes to gain delicious ginger water. Stream it afterward, as we only need the liquid.
4. Warm the ghee in a wok, roast the coriander powder in it and add the chopped kohlrabi. Add your freshly cooked ginger water and cook the kohlrabi until done (approx. 3-5 min.)
5. Finally, mix the cooked kohlrabi with the tomato sauce, add fresh parsley, finely chopped,… and enjoy this all-senes-activating dish.
Can kohlrabi make you truly happy? Yes! The combination with THIS TOMATO SAUCE definitively rocks! It did not only make my adult guests happy – but also kids. And, there is a vegan option too, if you like.
Try it out and share your experience with me. Your are more than welcome.