Preparation time: Approx. 10 min. + 60 min. to cool down
Vegan & with our without gluten
60 g cashew nuts or almonds
1 pinch of vanilla
300 ml of sugar-free, natural coconut milk
300 ml of almond or rice milk
3 tablespoons of cane sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of cardamom powder
80 g of spelled semolina (for a gluten-free option: millet semolina or rice semolina – tastes great!)
Fresh melissa to garnish
1. Roughly chop the cashew nuts and roast them in a pan without fat at low temperatures.
2. Rinse a saucepan with cold water. Put coconut milk, almond milk, sugar, cashew nuts, vanilla, lemon zest, salt, and cardamom in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Add the semolina and stir well (!) until it no longer forms clumps. Reduce the heat and continue to let the semolina simmer gently. Be careful not to burn it.
4. Fill the semolina into small glasses and let it cool.
7. Garnish with fresh melissa leaves… and mmm!
My tipp for your summer version: Choose almonds instead of cashews nuts and top your pudding with a self made mango puree, once your pudding is filled into little glasses: 1 mango, in cubes + a few drops of of fresh lemon juice –> mixed. Delicious!
You wish to feel cozy and calm and wanna sweeten your soul? Vanilla lifts our moods, balances all three doshas and is warming. Lemon is refreshing and brings a great atmosphere and melissa works harmonizing and stress-reductive. A truly vegan dream!