Vegetarian or vegan, with gluten
Preparation time: Approx. 5 min. + 30 min. to rest + approx. 13 min. baking time
250 g light spelled flour
250 g wholemeal spelled flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder (I use Weinstein Backpulver)
2 teaspoons of salt
6 tablespoons of sunflower oil
350 ml of mineral water
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 handful of white and black sesame seeds to sprinkle
Approx. 2 tablespoons of ghee to brush (you can choose olive oil for the vegan option)
1. Mix all the ingredients, except for the sesame and ghee, in a large bowl. Knead the dough briefly from the outside in to make it fluffy.
2. Cover it with a clean tea towel and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 250 ° C top and bottom heat and place a small saucepan with a cup of water on the bottom of the oven.
4. Now divide the dough into two equal parts, form two oval patties from it and sprinkle them with sesame.
5. Bake the flatbreads on a medium setting for approx. 13 minutes, spread ghee on them while they are hot and let the flatbreads cool down. Enjoy warm or cold. Mmm!
This flatbread is not only quick and easy to prepare but also magically transforms any soup, salad or spread into a heavenly meal. And, you don’t need yeast for it 🙂 Let me know if you like it!