Preparation time: 10 min. + about 50 min. for baking
2 cups of wholemeal spelled flour (use the big cups)
1 cup of whole cane sugar
1/3 cup of sunflower oil
a bit less than 1 cup of water
1 pinch of real vanilla powder
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of cinnamon powder
1 pinch of turmeric powder
1 pinch of green cardamom powder
2-3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice
Zest of 1 whole orange
1 package of wine stone baking powder (21 gram)
1. Preheat the oven to 175° C top and bottom heat.
2. Mix all the ingredients, except the baking powder, shortly(!) but well.
3. Now add the baking powder and quickly mix it under the rest of the dough.
3. Fill it into a small, round cake tin (greased and floured) (mine has a diameter of 8,5 cm) and bake it for about 50 minutes. Make the needle test because every oven works differently.
4. Let the cake cool within the cake pan and finally decorate it according to your taste.
This is the quickest and easiest cake ever and the taste is delicious, with or without topping. If you wish to try my orange-icing-sugar-topping, though, grind half a cup of whole cane sugar in an electric coffee grinder or grain mill. Mix it with freshly squeezed orange juice until you get a beautiful and homogeneous liquid. Finalize it with fresh figs, coconut chips, raspberries, unsalted pistachios, lavender… or whatever you have at home… and enjoy every bite of it.