Vegan and with gluten
Preparation time: Approx. 20 min. + 1-2 h to rest + approx. 30 min. baking time
For the dough:
500-550 g light spelled flour
75 g raw cane sugar
1-2 teaspoon(s) of vanilla
Zest of 1 lemon
1 good teaspoon of salt
1 pack of dry yeast
450 ml of coconut or almond milk
85 ml melted coconut fat (alternatively, tasteless sunflower oil)
A little fat to grease the mold.
Approx. 2 tablespoons of apricot jam and 1 tbsp coconut or almond milk to spread.
1. Prepare a large box mold (Kastenform) and put a baking paper in it.
2. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and yeast in a large bowl.
3. Melt coconut fat, add milk and knead the dough until it is elastic and no longer sticks to the bowl. The dough remains fairly soft and cannot be shaped.
4. Now fill the dough into the crate, cover it with a tea towel and let it rise to almost twice the amount in a warm place. It takes about 1-2 hours.
5. Then preheat the oven to 160 ° C hot air and bake the sweet bread on a middle rail for approx. 30 minutes (please make the needle test as every oven bakes differently).
6. Mix the apricot jam with the coconut or almond milk in a small saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil and brush it over the baked braid. Let it cool down and … yum!